Learn all the details about this creation. Support and downloads are available below.
Emissary RT: Files is an ODBC driver designed to allow you to query and update Windows files from an existing or custom made ODBC-enabled application. File information (such as filename, size, directory, attributes, and specialized meta data) is presented as rows across a collection of related tables, and most standard SQL commands can be used to read and write this data.
By making use of emissary RT's lightweight, yet powerful real-time SQL engine, the latest file information is always shown, and updates take place immediately. No need for interim or temporary tables, programming code, or synchronization to accomplish SQL controlled interoperability with Windows files. In addition to reading standard file information, emissary RT: Files can also recognize image (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP) and audio (WAV, MP3, OGG) related meta-data, such as resolution, resizing, comments, codec, duration, bitrate, etc.
Application Usage Examples
Examples can be performed via an ODBC-enabled application such as Microsoft Access or Excel, using the GUI or SQL commands. No programming required!
- Delete all files of a certain size, age, type, extension, partial name, etc for cleanup
- Replace one set of file extensions with another
- Copy and resize all images above a certain resolution size to create thumbnails
- List all audio files below a certain bitrate or quality to note for conversion
- Selectively hide or make read-only multiple files recursively across multiple directories
- Convert all images of one type to another
Examples can be performed in your custom web or desktop application via an ODBC connection.
- Link file and meta-data related information to foreign tables in a Document Management System
- Import audio information in a music related application or database
- Batch display and/or convert images in a webapp photo album
Windows XP SP3 / Windows Server 2003 SP2 or greater
Trial & Purchase
Download emissary RT: Files. The trial version is fully functional except a 50 record limit per transaction.
A single-machine license of emissary RT: Files is $25.00, or purchase the complete emissary RT suite for $60.00 - a 20% savings!
Want to include emissary RT in your commercial webpage or application? Contact us for licensing options.